Filed under: Kristen Stewart, Movie | Tags: in, kristen, men, Movie, prison, stewart
Jason Mewes, better known to most as Jay to Kevin Smith’s Silent Bob, is teaming up with Twilight sensation Kristen Stewart for a prison comedy. And if that’s not weird enough, Kristen Stewart will play a dude!
Read the whole article here
Filed under: Twilight | Tags: dvd, march, Movie, stop, store, Twilight, walmart
Fans bitten by Twilight mania will soon find much more than the popular vampire book series at Walmart as the retailer becomes a new nationwide Twilight destination. In conjunction with Summit Entertainment’s DVD release of this box office smash launching next month, all Walmart stores and Walmart.com will offer unique “Twilight store” areas containing a wide array of crowd-pleasing merchandise at affordable Walmart values.
Today Twilight fans can go to http://www.walmart.com/twilight to pre-order the new Walmart-exclusive standard DVD movie or special edition DVD, both to release nationwide March 21. As the countdown to the DVD release begins, the Web site will host discussions and post news about exciting fan events and activities to come. Today fans can go to Walmart.com/twilight to watch exclusive behind-the-scenes movie footage. In a few days, they also will find special features on the site to upload and enhance their digital photo to send an “eBite” to a friend. As teens, moms and friends prepare for Twilight “viewing parties” around the country, the site will continue to add special announcements and new material over the coming weeks.
Committed to bringing customers more affordable access to Twilight items than ever before, Walmart will dedicate a special area in each of its 3,500 stores to Twilight beginning mid-March – just days before the DVD movie release is available – to offer items including:
The Twilight DVD movie – standard and special edition
The Twilight CD soundtrack*
The Twilight book series* Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn
Twilight messenger bags and totes
Assorted Twilight licensed jewelry, key chains and accessories
“Twilight is a cultural phenomenon that has gripped both teens and adults across the country,” said Greg Hall, vice president, Merchandising. “From the popularity we’ve already witnessed in books and music, we believe ‘Twilighters’ will be very excited about the items and values Walmart will bring together in a new in-store and online experience.”
“We’re delighted to partner with Walmart in bringing the highly anticipated Twilight DVD to the millions of enthusiastic fans who made the film such a groundbreaking success in its theatrical release,” said Steve Nickerson, President of Summit Home Entertainment. “By creating specially-dedicated Twilight stores, both in their brick-and-mortar locations and on their website, Walmart is creating a unique home for this beloved franchise’s passionate fan base.”
Walmart will host these dedicated Twilight areas in stores through April, and continue to carry Twilight merchandise through the year, some items for a limited period only.
Twilight was the bestselling book of 2008 across all genres and the movie’s November 21, 2008 opening weekend was one of the biggest in Hollywood history, grossing $70.6 million.
About Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT)
Every week, millions of customers visit Walmart Stores, supercenters, Neighborhood Markets, and Sam’s Club locations across America or log on to its online store at http://www.walmart.com. The company and its Foundation are committed to a philosophy of giving back locally. Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) is proud to support the causes that are important to customers and associates right in their own neighborhoods, and last year gave more than $296 million to local communities in the United States. More information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://www.walmartstores.com. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com.
Filed under: Robert Pattinson, Rumours | Tags: big, Movie, Pattinson, Robert, rumour, screen
Robert Pattinson is mentioned in this small article about a new movie his name has popped up for.
The casting directors, Suzanne Smith and Jessica Kelly are creating a stir in Hollywood about who they will choose to play lead parts in the movie. Star magazine reported Justin Timberlake, Zac Efron and Rob Pattinson are up for roles, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet.
Read the whole article here
Filed under: Movie, Robert Pattinson | Tags: artist, dali, Movie, new, Pattinson, Robert, salvador
Twilight star Robert Pattinson takes on a new role as Spanish painter Salvado Dali in the new film ‘Little Ashes.’
The 22-year-old, who recently shot to fame playing a vampire in Twilight, portrays Dali as a young man in love with poet Federico Garcia Lorca. Little Ashes, set in 1922, is described by Variety magazine as an “arty Bohemian romp.” It opens in theaters in late March.
March will be a busy month for Pattinson as he also begins filming on the Twilight sequel New Moon. New Moon is due out in November.
Filed under: Kellan Lutz, Movie | Tags: be, in, kellan, lutz, Movie, warrior
Attention All Movie fans:
Want to Be In A Movie with stars from the hit film Twilight? Filming Wednesday Jan 21 and Thursday Jan 22, (Evening Shoot). You pick either date to be in the film.
You can be IN the Movie “WARRIOR” and be on set with all the stars during filming in Valencia, CA (near Magic Mountain at College of the Canyons).
BeInAMovie.com would like to invite you to a once in a lifetime Movie
opportunity! In the great tradition of sports movies like “Rudy” and “Remember the Titans” comes “Warrior”. We will be filming live action Lacrosse scenes for the upcoming film in near Los Angeles
And BeInAMovie.com can invite you to be a part of this film history. We will be filming WEDNESDAY JAN. 21 and THURSDAY JAN 22 at College of the Canyons.
This is an Evening Shoot (5:30 PM – 11:30 PM).
You can come either one of those days. You don’t need to commit to both days.
We want your Love. We want your Energy. We want your Fun for these on camera scenes.
This stars Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz from “Twilight” and Cary
Elwes from “The Princess Bride” and “Robin Hood Men in Tights.”
This film is going to be a once in a lifetime experience for movie fans ages 18+.
Filming is NEXT WEEK, Wednesday 1/21 and Thursday 1/22 so sign up FAST! Pick one day to attend or both, it’s YOUR choice how much fun to have!
TO SIGN UP VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK:
And if you’re part of any groups, clubs, or organizations:
If you bring at least 20 people we can arrange to get your group fundraising $ for attending.
For more info visit the link above or go to http://www.beinamovie.com/ and click on “WARRIOR”
New York Entertainment released an article with 28 reasons why the movie is better than the book.
Here they are:
1. First of all, the demands of compressing a 500-page book into a two-hour movie mean that most of the boring scenes of Edward brooding about stuff have been cut. In fact, for the entire middle third of the movie, Edward seems happy most of the time, which Robert Pattinson frankly plays a lot better than he does the dark, serious looks.
2. The movie adds an amazing sequence in which Edward takes Bella to the top of an enormous tree for a view of the mountains and river below. It actually totally rules.
3. In the movie, vampires make an unnecessary but awesome whooshing sound when they jump around.
4. Bella’s new friends in Forks have been given the Catherine Hardwicke treatment: They’re cooler, funnier, more multicultural, and way more interesting than they are in the book, where they’re mostly there to serve as distractions that Bella ignores on her way to Edward. For instance, Eric — described in the book as “a gangly boy with skin problems” who’s “the overly-helpful chess-club type” — turns into a hip, attractive Gaysian. And when everyone goes to the beach, they don’t just take boring walks to the tide pools; they go surfing!
5. Who knew Charlie’s mustache was so awesome?
6. At the movie, you get to hear teenage girls shrieking, “I love you, Edward!!!” before the opening credits even begin.
7. We predict at least one actual Team Edward vs. Team Jacob riot in a movie theater somewhere in America; the rivalry gets much more visceral with audience members cheering the arrival of their heroes.
8. While the baseball scene can’t completely avoid seeming like the campy miscalculation it is, we love that the vampires wear old-timey baseball uniforms.
9. There are jokes! Like, people tell jokes! Instead of just glumly or romantically talking about things! Bella and Edward even tell jokes to each other!
10. We guess because the movie was made by non-Mormons, there’s a joke about Speedo-stuffing! And two jokes about boobs.
11. For no apparent reason, the alluring young waitress who can’t stop flirting with Edward in Port Angeles has been transformed into a weird hipster chick with a hilarious bouffant.
12. When Edward explains to Bella that he can read thoughts, he points around the restaurant and tells her what everyone’s thinking about: “Money … sex … sex … money … cat.”
13. In a touching ode to primitive research technology, Bella actually reads a little bit about vampires in a book! Before going straight to Google.
14. Unlike in Twilight the book, in which Edward’s afraid to even describe a hunt, we actually get to see Edward chase down a deer in the movie.
15. When Bella visits Edward’s family, they charmingly attempt to cook her a meal. “We finally get to use the kitchen!” Dr. Cullen says.
16. The wall of the Cullens’ house features a cute mural made up of dozens of the vampires’ high-school graduation caps.
17. Due to Edward’s chastity, at every point in the movie where you’re expecting a sex scene, the filmmakers are forced to show long sequences of Edward and Bella lying down and staring soulfully at each other. They’re even shot just like sex scenes! It’s impossible to explain just how funny this is onscreen.
18. It really drives home the book’s overarching message of the dangers of female sexuality when we actually see flushed temptress Bella, late at night in her bedroom, forcing herself upon Edward and the poor innocent vampire flinging himself against a wall to keep himself in check.
19. When Bella’s mom hears that her daughter has a boyfriend, she demands, “Are you being safe?” We foresee a whole new tie-in line of armor-plated Twilight condoms!
20. At no point in the movie does this scene occur. (Referencing the “YOU MADE ME FAINT!” scene). (see thumbnail below)
21. Also, this scene was cut, thank God. (Referencing the “You’re intoxicated by my very presence” crazy). (see thumbnail below)
22.In general, we’re just so relieved that the movie did away with most of the 1,000 scenes in which basically this exact thing happens:
Bella: Don’t go!
Edward: I should go, but I can’t.
Bella: I am happy!
Edward: You’re an idiot for being happy.
Bella: You are still totally gorgeous OMG OMG.
23. The other vampires – Laurent, Victoria, and James – don’t just appear out of nowhere on page 375 because Stephenie Meyer belatedly realized something needed to happen. They make appearances throughout the movie, hunting and killing humans, which gives the movie not only little bursts of much-needed action but at least a game attempt at some suspense.
24. There’s an actual fight scene between Edward and James, instead of Bella just passing out and getting told about it later. Mostly it’s just them throwing each other through windows and crap, but in a story that’s totally starved for action it’s nice that they tried.
25. The movie answers in seconds a burning question the book never bothered to address: Do
vampires in Twilight have reflections? Spoiler: Yes, they do!
26. Uh, Alice jumps onto James and TOTALLY BREAKS HIS NECK!
27. Movie prom is set in a gorgeous, opulent building with a twinkling gazebo for Edward and Bella’s final dance! Book prom takes place in the gym.
28. “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb,” Bella says. In the book, you just roll your eyes. In the movie theater, everyone cheers wildly.
I really need to see this movie … I really do!